CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Life

I feel like I need to write everyday day about our new life here in Great Britain.  I also feel like I should have exciting things to say each and every day.  Last night, Colby came home and as we caught up on our lives, he asked me what I have been doing and if I am "ok".  As I answered him, I realized that it all sounded exactly like something I would have said no matter where I lived.

I awoke early to make breakfast, pack lunches and rush to get the kids off to school.  Then I went on a walk, cleaned a little, washed a load of clothes and ran to the grocery store.  Pretty soon it was time to pick up the kids, do a little homework, snuggle on the sofa with anyone needing a little TLC, make some dinner, and help with homework.  Sounds like any mom, any town, any where.

As we have oh so callously uprooted our children and dropped them in a new neighborhood, in new schools, in a new country; I can honestly say that the normal routine is nice.   It adds some familiarity and stability to the day as we settle in to our routine of life.  But I think by the end of the week, I will be all too happy to turn into a tourist for the day and explore with my family all the new and exciting places surrounding us.

p.s.  We are still waiting for our "stuff" to arrive from the States.  I am excited for my oh-so-amazingly-comfortable bed to arrive.  But I also must admit that I love not having all the "stuff".  Cleaning is easy and the laundry is  not piled up.  Maybe I should have given away or sold more things :)

1 comment:

Mommyof4 said...

It sounds like you are having a wonderful time. What a great experience. Funny how life keeps going on no matter where you are! Loving all the updates. Keep them coming!