CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 14, 2012

School Sports Day

Today was sports day at school.  I have to admit, that I really wasn't sure what to expect on  sports day in the UK.  Back in Oregon, it is very competitive, very fun and very organized - and if you volunteer to help, then you help set up, run and station and then help clean up after the party!  I didn't hear anything about volunteering, so I just decided not to ask and show up with my huge camera.

To my surprise, I found rows of folding chairs set up on the grass all along the area where the events would be held.  The parents were talking quietly, sitting in their chairs, and tea was being served.  I found a seat on the front row and waiting for the activities to begin.  The sporting events were very organized.  The children sat quietly waiting for their turn at an event - and when everyone had a go, the group rotated to the next station, sat down on the grass, and waited quietly for their event again.  So different than what I was used to experiencing.  The Arik and Annika had a great time, both doing well in their events.  The Head Teacher even said to me at the end of the day, "your children are so sporty"!  Annika informed me later that running races had been held earlier in the day and that she had won them all - Thats my girl!!

























No comments: