CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Our new pet

This afternoon, I was in the kitchen with Tanner helping him with his book report. All of a sudden we heard this loud bang against the window. It was a very familiar sound, the sound of a bird flying into our window. This happens fairly often at our house - we believe it is due to the fact that our windows are huge and cover the entire back side of the house. Tanner commented that it was probably a bird, but still went over to the window to investigate. Sitting just outside on the step was a little cockatiel. He said to me, "Mom, that bird looks like the cockatoos we saw in Australia". I, of course, didn't really believe him. So off I went to see for myself. There sat this adorable cockatiel. I went out, picked him up and the kids were hooked. We fed him some birdseed and the kids made a little cage out of Annika's doll pack-n-play. The kids named him/her Pippi, made a few FOUND flyers with a picture of Pippi (although they are secretly hoping no one claims their new pet). Now we are wondering what to do.....

3 comments:

Chaunda and Jeremy said...

What a story! Any takers on Pippi yet? Jer had cockatiels when he was a kid. Ended up with 3 after he found one too! Fun for you. He says your bird looks like a boy--the red on the face. Keep us posted!

Christanne said...

I just talked to Becky and she told me to come check out your new pet. Oakley would love it. I got your message--hopefully we can talk soon.

R. Jeffrey Davis said...

Nice tie-dyed shirts. Hippies for sure!