CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 11, 2009

Books, books, books

I am not sure how successful my mothering has been thus far, but I do feel like I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel in one area - reading. I started reading books to my kids the day I brought them home from the hospital. I would show them pictures and let them drool on, touch, and even eat the pages of books. I LOVE to read and so wanted all of them to love reading as well. Tanner & Annika both loved to read early and it came easily to them. Arik was a little different story. His letters were often jumbled and I worried that reading would be a chore instead of a love. Recently, he found what he likes to read and it has paid off - all he ever wants to do now is read (or play sports, of course). Thank you Calvin & Hobbes.

So, Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers who dream that their children will love reading as much as they do!