CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Saturday

When I was a little kid, it seemed like we always worked on Saturday. I remember my mom hating it (now I know that she just wanted to play on Saturday since she worked at home all week long). I am sure the tradition came from my dad and grandma. When I got married to the "yellow man" (he used to be all yellow, as in personality -- now he is mostly red, with a little yellow) -- we, of course, had to play on Saturday. Since our kids have become old enough to be in extra-curricular activities, our Saturdays are often filled with sporting events. Today our schedule went a little like this: 12:15 piano recital (for 3 kids), 1:00 basketball game, 3:30 Nutcracker dance practice, 4:00 basketball game. I absolutely LOVE being the "soccer mom". However, I think my sweet hubby would rather be swimming or skiing or hiking. But at least we were NOT working in the house or the yard!!

2 comments:

R. Jeffrey Davis said...

Hooray for Saturdays! My Saturday included getting my boys up and off to Youth conference. Eating oatmeal for breakfast with Olivia. Cleaning my stove, sink, and microwave (like way DEEP cleaning). Spending a couple of hours on the treadmill and bike. Checking out the new Smith's Marketplace megastore. Watching our Cougars get pasted by those stupid Utes. Helping Olivia with her talk tomorrow in Primary. I love Saturdays!

Claremont First Ward said...

I'm pretty partial to Saturdays......when we are not doing yard work. You ARE one busy mom, and darn good at what you do.

Did I tell you Jeff has taken up golf? I'm going to have to take up a sport too. Tennis maybe? :)

The twins are 3 today! 3. Gotta go cry. :)

Did you see Twilight?