CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 2, 2012

London 2012 Summer Olympics

Once I learned that we were going to move to the UK, I became FIXATED and OBSESSED, with going to the Olympics.  I tried buying tickets before we moved.  There were some available to US citizens, but they were selling for ridiculous amounts of money - once ticket costing between $1200 to $3500 to an event.  I knew that was not an option.
Once we were settled in England, I began looking again, still no tickets available.  Then one evening, the Stake Presidency stopped by to visit us and invite us to move to the Newbury Ward.  We had been attending the Oxford Ward, but the boundaries were being changed and that affected us.  Back to the Olympics...  we got chitchatting about the Olympics and how badly I wanted to go.  Pres.  Aitchison let me know that in a couple of days, the Olympic committee was opening up a bunch of tickets to the public for one day.  I could hardly contain my excitement.  So I did my research, chose a few events that worked with Colby's schedule and waited for the day.  Now that we had a UK address, we could purchase tickets.  I waited up until midnight, and then began the online queuing to try and secure tickets.  It was challenging because they would only sell tickets in packs of 4, and we were 5.  Luckily, it all worked out, except for the fact that 4 were together, with 1 off by themselves somewhere.  No matters, we would sort it when we arrived.  SUCCESS!!  The events we could attend:  Men's Volleyball, Fencing, Canoe Sprint.


 The kids LOVED the Volleyball.  The matches were fast-paced and super exciting.  It was so funny, in the second game, Poland played and the entire stadium was filled with Polish fans.  They were absolutely CRAZY!  Singing and yelling the entire time.  So much fun.  Too bad we didn't know who would play when because the men's USA team played in the third game, but we were unable to get tickets to it.

No comments: