CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 4, 2012

London 2012 - Fencing


Two days later, we headed back into London for Fencing.  Tanner was so excited.  He was lucky enough in Oregon to take fencing lessons from the US Women's coach when he was in 4th grade.  Then, just this last year, he took more lessons at KA's.  He loves to fence and is pretty good at it.  Today had tickets to the Women's Team Epee.  I was not sure what to expect, but I have to say that it was so very exciting.  First of all, I have to quickly go back to the ticket confusion that I didn't explain my last post.  When I purchased tickets, 4 of them were together, with the 5th ticket in another section and seat.  When we arrived at Men's Volleyball, I went to the help desk and explained our situation to them.  They were fantastic and gave us 5 tickets all together.  So I tried it again at the Fencing competition.  This time, I asked how it was possible.  They told me that a number of tickets are held for the athlete's friends and family.  However, not all of them are used, so they are extra tickets.  We were so lucky for the Fencing because our seat were originally all the way at the top of the ExCel centre.  They changed us for seats that were about 10 rows up from the competitions with the USA Team.  The volunteers at the Olympics ROCK!  This was so exciting and fun.  AND, the USA Team was awesome, even winning a Bronze medal.







Team USA!





Fencing was available to try after the competition.  So fun!

After the Olympics, we stopped at King's Cross Station in London where they filmed the Harry Potter movies and Platform 9 3/4



No comments: