CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Northern Beaches

Curl Curl Beach

The day after sailing on the harbour, we went on a lovely hike near the Tarango Zoo. Next we headed to Curl Curl Beach on the North Coast. There are many beaches in the harbour, but the kids requested an ocean beach with waves. Many of the ocean beaches have swimming areas with nets to keep out the sharks. We risked swimming right in the ocean and it was wonderful. We were told that there hadn't been a shark attack in 20 years, yet there have been three in the last month. Our friend, Rob, believes it is because they have cleaned up the harbour and the fish are returning, therefore the sharks are returning.















Kookaburra
Water Dragon Lizard

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.so you also can read my blog.my blog is aboutAir jordan ,if you like Air jordan or you are intersting in Jordan shoes.welcome to my blog.

Jordan 2.5 shoes
Jordan 3.5_shoes
Jordan 6 ring shoes
Jordan 10.5 shoes
Jordan 2009 shoes

Claremont First Ward said...

Sounds like they need to get some dolphin pods to live in the bay to keep the sharks out.

Good thing your kids are such strong swimmers. You know, so they could out swim the sharks.

I wouldn't have gone in for anything. :)

R. Jeffrey Davis said...

I miss the beach, I miss the beach, I miss the beach, I miss the beach