CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 7, 2011

Canberra

We are settled, once again, in beautiful Canberra. The first time I visited Canberra I was so disappointed that I wasn't on the coast of Australia. I love the beaches here with all the beautiful trees and flowers. Canberra is quite dry... hot and sunny, but not tropical. But each time I return to this city, I love it more and more. The city has such a fantastic design. There is Lake Burley Griffin in the center with the city and Parliament. There are biking and walking trails connecting each "neighborhood" together and it is all one gigantic circle. This is very confusing to me as I try to navigate my way around (I literally end up driving in circles!!). But there is a small community feel here that is so wonderful. Since we have visited so many sights in the past, I am letting the kids pick their favorite things to do and we are focusing on that (and relaxing) this trip. So far, they have wanted to go to Questacon, the science museum, the aviary, take a bike hire around Lake Burley Griffin and play at all their favorite parks.








1 comment:

Jen Stark said...

looks like SO much fun! we miss you guys--love the pics--what beautiful smiles! :) can't wait to see you when you get back. :)